Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)Magnetic Resonance Imaging is a medical procedure that uses a strong magnetic field and radio waves to produce cross-sectional images of organs and internal structures in the body. It does not use ionizing radiation. It provides images with excellent contrast that allows clinicians to clearly see the details of soft tissue, bone, joint and ligaments that are not obtained using a standard X-ray, Ultrasound and Computed Tomography.
There are no special preparations for a routine plain MRI scan, other than the patient should have no metal implant and not claustrophobic (fear of closed spaces). For contrast procedures, the patient should fast for 4 hours prior to the examination, it must be known if you have a history of food and drug allergy, bronchial asthma, diabetic. If any of those is positive then there are further preparations, there are medications to be taken hours before the procedure. Our in house radio-resident prescribes the medications. Creatinine result (at least 1 month) is also needed prior to any contrast procedure.
- Please bring with you the doctor’s request.
- If you have any previous examination relating to the area to be scanned bring it together with the request.
- Once you arrive in Chong Hua Hospital get patient ID from the main information. If you already have a record of any examination in CHH, proceed to the main MRI reception area at the ground floor of building AB across pharmacy.
- Once you arrive in the unit you will be given a priority number. When your number is called, present your doctor’s request and CHH ID for inquiry, scheduling and charging of examination.
- Once scheduled, printing of charge slip will be done and you will have it approve at the billing section. Return to the section for submission of approved charge slip and come back 30 minutes prior to your scheduled time of examination. For patients with insurance, obtain a letter of authorization from your insurance company.
MRI of the Brain,|
Cervical Spine, Lumbar Spine, Knee, Foot, Ankle, Shoulder, Hip, Wrist, Elbow
|MRA of the Brain|
|Cervico – Thoracic Spine|
|Abdomen – Upper and Lower|
|Abdomen – Whole Abdomen|
Tel. No.: 255-8000
Local 75156 / 76105